The objectives of the Fijian Competition and Consumer Commission are clearly outlined in Section 2 of the FCCC Act 2010 and are as follows:
- The promotion of the interests of the Consumers;
- The promotion of the effective and efficient development of industry trade or commerce;
- The need to secure effective competition in industry, trade or commerce; and
- To ensure equitable returns for businesses with fair and reasonable prices charged to consumers.
The FCCC has the following objectives in relation to regulated industries and access regimes-
- To promote effective competition in the interests of consumers;
- To facilitate an approximate balance between efficiency and environmental and social considerations;
- To ensure non-discriminatory access to monopoly and near monopoly infrastructure or services.